Landlord Insurance

Protect your rental property

If you’re renting out your property to someone else, you need a policy designed for landlords

Get Started

Call us at 800-478-1251

Homeowners policies only cover owner-occupied homes, so if you’re renting out your property you need landlord insurance. Most policies include a variety of coverage for landlords.

  • Property damage, which protects you from things like fire, natural disasters, equipment malfunction, vandalism, and irresponsible tenants
  • Lost rental income or rental default, which covers the rent you would have received if your property is uninhabitable due to a covered loss
  • Liability in case a tenant is injured due to a property maintenance issue, like an icy walkway


mom cooking with her two kids

At Global Insurance Brokers, we work for you—not for the insurance companies. We’re here to ensure you get the coverage that’s right for you. Our team will:

  • Discuss your situation and provide personalized advice
  • Help you identify the insurance policies that best meet your needs
  • Find you that coverage at the best possible price

Yes, you do need landlord insurance, even if your tenants have renters insurance. Landlord insurance covers issues with the building, while renters insurance typically insures the tenants’ belongings.

No, most homeowners policies only cover homes that are owner-occupied. If you are renting out your property, you need a policy that’s designed specifically for landlords.

Liability coverage can protect you if there’s an accident or injury at your rental property. For example, if your tenant trips and falls on an icy walkway, that would typically be covered by liability coverage.

No, as with most home insurance policies, normal wear and tear and maintenance costs are not covered under landlord insurance.

Depending on your situation, it might make sense to get additional coverage for floods and earthquakes. Your insurance broker can discuss your options with you and help you decide how much coverage you need.

couple in their kitchen
couple in their kitchen

What our members are saying

“The insurance department is wonderful. They have helped us get the best coverage possible for the best price.”

– dmclay

Progressive Premier Partner Award

Progressive Premier Partner Award

Awarded for exceptional knowledge and performance


Umialik Circle of Excellence Award

One of the top agencies for performance, growth, and partnership

Safeco logo

Safeco Ignite Agency Program Elite Status

The highest level of recognition, given to only 10% of agencies

How Much Homeowners Insurance Do I Need?

Protect yourself by having the right homeowners insurance coverage.

What Can an Insurance Broker Do for You?

An insurance broker can find the best coverage and price for you.

4 Basics of Car Insurance

Car insurance protects you with four types of coverage.

Always here when you need us.

We don’t think exceptional service should be so exceptional. Get in touch with us 24/7 from anywhere in the world.

Whether it’s in a branch or over the phone, you’ll always talk to a real person.