Effective April 2023
What types of information does Global collect?
Information you provide
Global may collect any information you enter on our websites, apps, or email. You may choose to not provide some information, but by doing so you might be unable to use specific products, services, or site features. We use the information you provide for servicing your requests, providing products and services, and communicating with you, and for the other purposes outlined below.
Automatic data collection
Collected data may include:
- Data about your computer or mobile device, including operating system, browser version, and device capabilities.
- Data about your network connection, such as the IP address and geolocation of your device. Location data is collected to enable online location-based services, including mapping and advertising. Most mobile devices and browsers allow you to disable location sharing. If sharing is disabled, you may still be able to use these services, but will not be able to benefit from location-aware features.
- Data about your usage of Global online systems, include pages visited, length of time spent visiting individual pages, and patterns of site visits.
- Data about email interaction, including read-receipts and measurement of click-through in messages.
How does Global use this information?
The information collected is used to maintain security, for website or app management, and marketing purposes. Examples include:
- Maintaining a secure session
- Authenticating your computer
- Detecting potentially fraudulent transactions
- Customizing content displayed on Global sites and apps
- Improving the relevance and usefulness of communications
- Monitoring the effectiveness of advertising and communications
Cookies & pixel tags
Session cookies: Global uses session cookies to help maintain continuity during an online session, to gather site usage data, to evaluate the success of online promotions, and for information security purposes. Session cookies are automatically deleted each time you close your browser. UltraBranch and online loan applications require that your browser accept session cookies.
Blocking cookies: If you configure your browser to reject cookies, site features that depend on them will be affected. In some cases this may mean a loss of customization, in other cases the feature will no longer function.
Third party websites
Contract service providers
Global uses a number of contract service organizations to provide members online access to financial information or services. These sites may display Global's logo, but are not part of Global's domain (website). Security and privacy are controlled by the site's owner and not by Global, and practices and policies may differ from Global. Refer to the posted privacy statement and/or user agreements at each site for additional information about how that particular organization manages information.
Global may use information you post directly on Global sanctioned social media pages, or that you make publicly available on the relevant social media site, to respond to your comments or posts. The social media site owner may provide Global access to aggregate data about users that view or post comments on official Global pages. Global uses this data to understand and improve the communication with participants on the site.
Public forums and social media sites, (including the Global Facebook page) are not secure environments. For your protection, please do not share sensitive account information, including social security numbers, account numbers, user IDs, passwords, or specific transaction details.
Links to other sites
As a convenience to members and prospective members, Global provides links to third party websites with which Global has no contractual relationship. Global is not responsible for the content, security, or privacy practices of sites it does not control. Please refer to the privacy and security policies of these sites to learn more.
Third party advertisements: Global does not include non-affiliated third party advertisements in its websites or mobile applications.
Advertisements on third-party sites: Global may work with advertising companies to promote Global products and services on third-party sites. Companies may be provided non-personally identifiable criteria to guide the selection of ads that will be displayed on these sites. Global may collect information about your interaction with ads on other sites.
Global does not knowingly collect or share personal information from individuals under the age of 13 through any website or mobile app. For more information about the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), visit the FTC website.
Global may update this notice from time to time. When this notice is updated, the updated version will be posted on the site, and the "Effective Date" displayed at the top of this page will be updated. The notice becomes effective when posted on this site.