Advantage Money Market
What is a Reg D?
The Federal Reserve Board's Regulation D places limits on the number of withdrawals and transfers from certain deposit accounts at depository institutions. It defines the types and number of transactions that can be performed on non-transaction accounts, such as money market, and certificate accounts.
This regulation can prevent checks from clearing your account. Please take a moment to review important information regarding these limits which may affect your accounts.
How does Reg D affect me?
In any given month, you are limited to no more than six pre authorized, automatic or telephone transfers from your Global Advantage Money Market account to any other account or to a third party. Checks cannot be written for less than $250.
What types of transactions count toward the six transfer limit per calendar month?
- STARS our telephone teller
- eBranch transfers
- Request by Fax
- ACH transfer
- Request by Telephone
- Wire transfer
- Automatic transfer
- Overdraft to checking
What types of transactions are NOT restricted?
- Transfers and withdrawals that you make in person
- Transfers and withdrawals that you do through the mail
- Automatic transfers for the purpose of paying a Global Credit Union loan
- eBranch check withdrawals that are payable to you
- Requests by telephone where a check is made payable to you
What happens if I go over the limit?
If you exceed the federally-mandated limits, some transactions you expect to occur may not be processed, and some payments from your account may not be made. Your account(s) may be subject to closure and/or you may incur a fee. In many cases, it is possible to re-structure your accounts so that the federal regulations governing transaction limits do not restrict any payments from your accounts.
What can I do to make sure I do not exceed the limit?
- Make sure that you have enough funds in your checking account to cover your monthly expenses to avoid automatic transfers from your Money Market account.
- Perform transfers at teller windows
- Perform transfers in larger dollar amounts to avoid recurring transfers within the month.